However, yesterday, he perhaps did the most romantic, loving, pie in the sky thing for me ever.
He hired someone to do 57 lbs of laundry. Things had gotten really behind here….R E A L L Y behind. God’s been doing this amazing thing with our long prayed for dream of a ministry to church and organizational leadership on how to build inclusive to all families programming…between that excitement, four children, and life as usual in a wahm life…well lets just say Mt. Washmore grew at exponential rates. After church he discovered a laundry mat that I had asked him to price so I could spend Sunday afternoon doing catch up….and instead, he arranged for drop off service for a large portion (yes, that’s right we had MORE than 57 lbs of dirty laundry between the children and I) of the laundry to be washed, folded, hung, and to be picked up on Monday.
We all have markers in our personal check list of “making it” on the stage of life, some of mine are or have been:
- Achieving my Gold Pen Girl Scouting in high school.-done
- Earning my own kitchen aide mixer -done
- Graduating from college, Master’s, etc-done through post graduate doctoral work
- Owning my own piano-done
- Having 4 children of my own…marrying 2, birthing 2-done
- Having my first dinner party for friends at home-done many times over
- Earning the use of my first and second cars from a company-done
- Creating my own business where I could share my love of research/learning to help develop others-in process now!
- Praising God through song in church with a small group, alone, and for others-done
- Singing/giving my own testimony unabashedly about God’s amazing restoration of my life, but more importantly God’s tremendously deep love for each one of us-done
- Choosing to grow some of our own foods, choosing to have a cutting garden-doing!
- To begin a ministry that would allow God to rebuild families one heart at a time-doing!
- Choosing to have money to share with those who need it and to tithe consistently
- Choosing to define what success is for our family, not accept other’s definitions-doing!
- To communicate directly with Michael Hyatt….one of my heroes of learning/sharing/helping others succeed-Joyfully I share with you this week I had tweets from him and a DM!-Yay!
- The joy of knowing that I make a difference in helping people-in progress
- To assist people in achieving their dreams that are measurable and celebrating their success-done, doing, and a joy and a blessing to do!
- To give away more money per year than I keep! -on the to do list….progressing
- To work with national level known ministries, authors, and Christian businesses as a Marketer and Success Strategist so they can reach more audiences for God! -DOING!
- To use viral marketing to help those who have written/share, or speak excellent writing to the audience that deserves to hear these otherwise very limited audience writers!-doing!
- To rear children who become givers, thinkers, and leaders in this world!- in process!
- To create a home that reflects my love for my husband, family, and the joy that Christ has indeed blessed us with-in process!
- To hear our Father in heaven say “Well done” when I arrive in heaven- a daily goal!
There are so many more milestones of “making it” in my life…but one of the ones I continually have said is “I’ll know I’m successfully living the life I would dream of when I am no longer in charge of any more laundry than I actually enjoy doing”
so as of 2:18 p.m. yesterday afternoon Les made one very personal life goal happen!……I think the Queen Mum has arrived…….long live the laundry mat guy!
God IS good…and I am thankful for His out of the box delights in my world!